Your smile can light up the world. Though you have perfectly aligned teeth, wouldn’t your smile be even more captivating if your teeth are whiter? Sure, there are a lot of teeth whitening products spread on the market today but only a handful can give your teeth the best teeth whitening job. If you want to have whiter teeth without experiencing toothache afterwards, here are a few tips on how to choose your teeth whitening product and also a couple of them that received the highest ratings by several reviews.
How do you choose your teeth whitening product?
Just because it has the label, “teeth whitening product”, doesn’t mean you should pick it up from its shelf. There are several factors to consider in choosing the right teeth whitening product for you.
- Over-the-counter vs. Professional treatment: There is a huge price difference between over-the-counter teeth whitening products and professional treatment. You might be tempted to get the over-the-counter products since it is cheaper but keep in mind also that a product’s quality is inversely proportioned to its price. They might be cheaper, but they could also be dangerous since they might not be suitable for your teeth’s needs.
- Peroxide level: The main ingredient in teeth whitening products to give that full shiny white is peroxide. It ranges from 5-35%. Its job is to remove the stain stuck on your teeth. Some people have an analogy that the higher the peroxide level is, the white their teeth would become. However, you must analyze your teeth. If the stain does not discolor your teeth too much, a teeth whitening product with low peroxide level. Seeking help from your dentist also helps.
- Whitening trays: When you buy a whitening tray, you will be given an option on the bleach level that will be included. Since whitening trays nowadays are cheaper, it’s better if you start with a low bleach level.
Applying bleach gel on the teeth should only be filling it halfway. Putting gel at the back of your teeth is also no advisable. If you overfill the gel or put gel at the back of the teeth, you might experience an uncomfortable feeling on your gums.
Accompany the whitening tray and bleach with whitening toothpaste for better results.
Few teeth whitening products
- Listerine Whitening Quick Dissolving Stripsteeth whitning pen
- Teeth whitning pen from bbeautyful.nl
- Crest 3D White White strips Advanced Vivid
- Professional teeth whitening by dentists
If you are tired of dealing with not smiling in important family photos, being talked about behind your back, or dealing with teasing from friends about your “coffee and smoker” stains, a teeth whitening product unique for you and what you are looking for could be your best solution yet to solve your embarrassing problem.